Solar Electrician Vacancy
Are you looking for a new challenge as Solar Electrician? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Solar Electrician will be responsible for ensuring the success of electrical services at the company. This role reports to our Services Manager and works within a cross-functional team, working with Residential Solar Photovoltaic, AC, and Low Voltage systems.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the installation of electrical systems by connecting residential solar systems to the grid
- Ensuring all electrical work is of exceptional standard and meets all applicable local and national compliance codes or requirement
- Troubleshooting, resolving systems performance. We mainly use Enphase systems. The ideal candidate would be an Enphase Certified Installer
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with all stakeholders. Fulfilling the system requirements and completing work on scheduled due dates.
- Developing and communicating technical standards to others
- Keeping accurate records of material consumption and proper maintenance of PPE and vehicles
What do we require from you?
• 3-4 years of hands-on electrical experience related to Residential Solar, Photovoltaic, AC, and Low Voltage systems. Enphase
• 1-2 years or equivalent experience supervising, managing or supporting more than 1 electrical crew
• Solar electrician must have supervising experience, managing or supporting others to be an effective Solar Tech Elec team member
• As an experienced electrician, you will be able to read electrical plans and calculations with ease. the ability to flag and rectify any discrepancies or errors in the plans
Solar Electrician Knowledge
• Thorough working knowledge and application of NEC and workplace safety practices
• Highly organized, accountable, thorough and independent professional
• Consistent work practice, communicates effectively, you must have excellent communication skills: written verbal email.
• Passion for craftsmanship and comfortable working around other tradesmen and professionals
• Commitment to exceptional high electrical standards
• Assist in job safety including staging materials, general site work support, including Job site preparation and clean up.
• Keep service truck and trailer stocked properly and tidy for every project.
• Co-ordinate professionally with homeowners.
• Provide regular updates of job status, complete necessary paperwork and photos of each project daily.
• Perform installations independently in a timely and efficient manner.
Education and Experience:
• Solar electrical experience (with Enphase systems preferable)
• Familiar with local codes, AHJ standards, and NEC code
• Experience in reading blueprints, plan sets, and other technical drawings.
• Familiar with OSHA regulations (required), OSHA training and certifications (preferred)
Valid Driver’s License
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Must be able to work long and/or extended hours to include weekends, as needed, with the ability to travel frequently and sometimes overnight
• Experience working with High Voltage (up to 600V).
• High school diploma
- Multiple locations
- You will be required to travel and stay over in Accommodation paid for by the company for 3-5 days.
Please fill out the form below to apply to work at Solar Tech Elec